Sunday, November 19, 2006

Africa Must Hear This

Africa Must Hear This
by Mr. Romeo, Nasir SSS Teacher from Ghana

Eei! Africa!
Pains in my throat, my voice ashake
Tears in my eyes, my body a-cold
Who could stand tall to wipe my tears
Sorrow has clothed my being and I know no happiness
Africa, resurrect from your endless sleep
And show me the way of equality

Where were you when colonisation and slavery visited your abode?
Where could you have been so long when neo-colonisation obstacled your childrens' progress?
Too long you had been away
And apartheid like the showers of heavens poured and drowned your children

Remember Africa, you have a role to play
Where are your wise and learned men?
These who could have stood in your absence
Were all slain faultlessly?
Where is Nkumah of the then Gold Coast?
Where is Saikou Toure of Guinea?
Where is Nyerere of Tanzania?
Where are the others?
Africa hear this and wake up from your perpetual sleep!

Arise Africa! The most courageous but sober continent of all continents
The years are folding on
We are being left behind
If the eye could shed blood
You Africa will see floods of tears of blood in your sons' eyes

No comments: